OFBJP was founded in 1992.
Aim and objectives – The winds of change have blown through Indian politics and the world’s largest democracy has reposed it’s faith in the Bharatiya Janata Party under the dynamic leadership of Shri Narendra Modi. As the new Indian government sets about leading India to its rightful place as a global superpower and economic powerhouse, Indians and people of Indian origin in the United Kingdom look forward to playing a critical part in helping the government realize its ambitious vision.
OFBJP has various objectives and not just limited to:
- Supporting BJP as in disseminating information amongst the diaspora and other stake holders.
- Countering any negative and false news with correct facts and information.
- Building bridges with various social organisations, polity and media representatives
Core / regular activities – Via events, social media and newsletter
- To work towards projecting a positive and correct image of India and its people in the respective country.
- To spread a positive message of the BJP Government in India led by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- Update thought leaders, opinion makers and local media of respective country regarding “Good Governance” initiatives of the BJP Government.
- Highlight bilateral issues concerning Indian Diaspora, business, economy and trade.
- Mobilize Indian Diaspora to actively participate in socio-political and economic initiatives of BJP Government such as “Swachh Bharat”, “Make in India”, “Digital India”, “Clean Ganga Campaign”, etc.