Points told by Shri Rajnath Singh on car festival of Lord Jagannath
- Car Festival is a grand festival in the world. Besides Puri, now in many parts of India and world the Chariot of Lord of the Universe is pulled by thousands. I am happy that in the national capital Delhi where lakhs Odiya people residing are also organising this festival since 30 years. I thanks the organisers of Shree Nilanchal Seva Sangh for giving me the opportunity to participate in the rarest rituals of Lord Jagannath. Rath Yatra is celebrated now by all the community with utmost respect to Shree Jagannath. I convey my best wishes on this occasion.
- Lord Jagannath is termed as the Lord of the Universe, Jagat ki Naaath.
- Today lakhs of devotees come together for the purpose of remembering God. In this day and age where there is so much conflict, hatred, greed and ego even in the name of religion, they have come together to honor Lord Jagannath.
- The Rath Yatra spreads the message of peace, brotherhood and unity among people. It makes us clean our hearts, and cultivates the character of humility, charity, love for God and compassion to all beings.
- The devotees of Lord Jagannath include personalities of all religions, casts and races.
- I pray that on this auspicious day the various sections of society will get inspirations and blessing of Lord Jagannath which can lead country to the path of peace prosperity.